Young Adult & Middle School Coordinator
Oversee and coordinate the development and spiritual life of those assigned by bringing them into a life changing and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Coordinate implementation of vision and programming for both Middle School and Young Adults.
- Recruit, train and equip adult leader volunteers.
- Work in cooperation with parents assisting them in nurturing the faith of their children.
- Communicate using all available means and technologies.
- Plan and execute meetings, retreats and trips.
- Be accountable and a team player with other members of the youth staff.
- Provide Biblical teaching and insight to students through regular gatherings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in biblical studies or education.
- Ability to work on a team toward specific goals
- Experience in a large church ministry preferred
- Must fully support the EFCA doctrinal statement
Check out the above videos to get a feel for what some of our annual youth retreats—and student ministries at First Free Rockford as a whole—are like.
You can also find us online @heartbeatmsm and @elementhsm on Instagram and Facebook.
Who is First Free Rockford?Learn more about who we are and what we believe.
We are a multi-generational Christian church in Rockford, Illinois. We’ve been around since 1884, through most of our city’s history.
Our Mission: To bring people into a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our Vision: To see all generations go, tell, and show the love of God in the city of Rockford and around the world.
Every kid has a unique personality and God has a special plan for each of them. Jesus said: Let the little children come to me … for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. (Matt. 19:14)
Rooted is our community for young adults and college students ages 18–25. We help young adults like you grow in your relationship with God, each other and the church family.