SEEKING ROCKFORD’S PEACE AND PROSPERITY
The Jeremiah Fund Grant is a “no strings attached” grant of $750 which must be applied for online at First Free Rockford website. Any qualifying organization will be considered for a grant, upon submission of the online application.
“Seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.” — Jeremiah 29:7
Inspired by God’s words through the prophet Jeremiah, First Free Rockford’s elders have established a fund that focuses on engaging our congregation to seek the welfare of the city of Rockford.
Grants will be distributed through First Free Rockford members to local non-profit organizations they actively serve. Grants will be awarded for $750 to these organizations if certain criteria are met.
Jeremiah Fund Criteria
GUIDELINES FOR THE GRANT PROCESS.
The Jeremiah Fund Grant Committee retains the right to interpret or alter these Guidelines on a case by case basis.
- To support and enhance an ongoing relationship between the applicant and the organization – it is not intended for sponsoring a onetime event within the organization or fund raising.
- To enhance the Christian witness of our church member as he/she serves in the ministry/service of the non-profit.
- An organization will only be considered for two grants per 6 months.
- A church member may only apply for one grant per 6 months.
- If a group applies for a grant, at least one member of the group must meet the requirements of an individual requesting a grant as per outlined above.
The individual requesting the grant must:
- Be a member of First Free Rockford.
- Volunteer 20 or more hours per year in the ministry/service of the non-profit, excluding serving as a board member.
- Agree that the grant will enhance their Christian witness at the non-profit.
- Agree to deliver the check in person.
The organization receiving the grant must:
- Be a 501c3 Non-profit organization which is Christian in scope, or morally positive and spiritually neutral.
- Serve the greater Rockford community.
- Have a direct impact on humanity and effect positive change in human lives.