But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.”
Inspired by God’s words to the exiles in Babylon through the prophet Jeremiah, First Free Rockford’s Elders have established a fund that focuses on engaging our congregation to seek the welfare of the city of Rockford.
The Jeremiah Fund will initially be funded with $70,000 from the Elder Board. These funds are available because of the generosity of the First Free Rockford congregation.
Grants will be distributed through First Free Rockford members to local non-profit organizations they actively serve. Grants will be awarded for $750 to these organizations if certain criteria are met.
Jeremiah Fund Criteria
The Jeremiah Fund Grant is a “no strings attached” grant of $750 which must be applied for online at First Free Rockford website. Any qualifying organization will be considered for a grant, upon submission of the online application.
The following are the Guidelines for the Jeremiah Fund Grant process. (Not in any particular order)
- The individual requesting the grant must:
- Be a member of First Free Rockford.
- Volunteer 20 or more hours per year in the ministry/service of the Non-profit, excluding serving as a board member.
- Agree that the grant will enhance their Christian witness at the Non-profit.
- Agree to deliver the check in person.
- The organization must be a 501c3 Non-profit organization which is Christian in scope, or morally positive and spiritually neutral.
- The organization must serve the greater Rockford community.
- The organization must have a direct impact on humanity and effect positive change in human lives.
- The grant is intended to support and enhance an ongoing relationship between the applicant and the organization – it is not intended for sponsoring a onetime event within the organization or fund raising.
- The grant is intended to enhance the Christian witness of our church member as he/she serves in the ministry/service of the Non-profit.
- An organization will only be considered for two grants per 6 months.
- A church member may only apply for one grant per 6 months.
- If a group applies for a grant, at least one member of the group must meet the requirements of an individual requesting a grant as per outlined above.
- The Jeremiah Fund Grant Committee retains the right to interpret or alter these Guidelines on a case by case basis.