- This event has passed.
Summerwood Sundays Kickoff
July 19 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Summerwood Sundays begin Sunday morning, July 19. The single, worship service will last about an hour and will replace the Wednesday evening gatherings. All streaming options remain available as well.
We are increasing our capacity to 350 people, with social distancing required (see full guidelines below). IMPORTANT: In order to attend, you need to pre-register by clicking the button below. Registration opens at 9 a.m. Mondays and closes at midnight Saturday for the following Sunday morning.
When: 10 a.m. Sundays starting July 19
Where: Summerwood (lawn and seats) on our church grounds
Who: All ages, limited to 350 pre-registered people
How do I register? Go to the registration page at firstfreerockford.org.
Streaming: Along with the live Summerwood gathering, we will continue to stream both the Classic (8:30 a.m.) and Contemporary Worship (10:30 a.m.) services online every Sunday as usual.
- We will sit on the lawn or in Summerwood seats, in groups of 10 or fewer from same household. The lawn will be marked with spray paint in 8-foot circles with 8 feet between all circles. You also may bring lawn chairs and/or a blanket to sit on.
- Social distancing is required. Masks are optional.
- Everyone must enter through the main Summerwood entrance. An accessible entrance will be open for those with special mobility needs.
- Summerwood restrooms will be available. Limit one person at a time.
- No childcare will be available. Children must remain seated with their families.
- No food and drink. Water bottles are allowed.
- No physical contact such as handshakes, hugs, fist bumps, etc.
- The event will be canceled if inclement weather occurs. Notification will go out by email and on our website. If unexpected weather occurs during the event, attendees will need to exit immediately.
REGISTER NOW VIEW SONG LYRICS