1 Hit Wonders
Life Group Questions:
• How would you answer the question, “Who is Jesus?”
• Share a time when you have entered into a conversation about Jesus with someone who has a different worldview than you. How did the conversation go?
• Why is it so important that discovery of Jesus is a personal discovery?
• Read Matthew 16:15-18. What do you see about Peter and Jesus’ interaction? Why was this conversation crucial to the ministry that was ahead for Peter?
• What is your takeaway from this week’s sermon?
• How can our life group pray for you this week?
Sermon Notes and Scripture:
13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?” 14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” 17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” – Matthew 16:13-19
1. WHEN WE TELL CHRIST WHO HE IS, HE VERIFIES WHO WE ARE.
2. WHEN WE CONFESS BOLDLY, THE CHURCH IS UNSTOPPABLE.
3. THE CROWD MAY HAVE ANSWERS, BUT NOT THE RIGHT ONES.
1. WHO DO YOU SAY JESUS IS? AND, HOW HAS THAT TRANSFORMED YOUR LIFE?
2. WHO DOES JESUS SAY THAT YOU ARE? AND HOW HAS THAT TRANSFORMED YOUR LIFE?