1 Hit Wonders
Life Group Questions:
- Look at verse 27 of this passage and what Jesus says. What does His conversation with God the Father show about how He felt/thought about His purpose here on earth?
- What did Jesus want glorified from His obedience?
- What did some people hear when God the Father spoke in this passage? How about the others in the crowd?
- Look at John 11:40. What did Jesus say about the glory of God?
- What does the Greek word “glorify” mean?
- How is your life “spotlighting” who God is to a watching world?
- Read John 12:30. How does this verse show that God is actively involved in your life?
- How can you be specifically praying for your Me to We this week?
John 12:27-34 New International Version
27 “Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28 Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him. 30 Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33 He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die. 34 The crowd spoke up, “We have heard from the Law that the Messiah will remain forever, so how can you say, ‘The Son of Man must be lifted up’? Who is this ‘Son of Man’?”