Week 5: Hebrews 10:24-25; Acts 2:42-46
Life Group Questions:
- In what ways has technology and social media helped build community in your life?
- In what ways has technology and social media hindered you and your relationships?
- What did Pastor Luke mean when he said, “My active faith is about the one another’s?” How does this apply to the life of the Church?
- How are you present and active in the life of the Church?
- When was the last time someone lived out Hebrews 10:24 in your life? What effect did it have?
- How are you modeling to the younger generation that the Church is the most important community in our lives?
- How were you convicted or challenged by the text this week?
- How have you seen First Free Rockford take care of their own?
- How can our group pray for you this week?
Sermon Notes and Scripture:
NEVER GO ALONE
24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. Acts 2:42-47