1 HIT WONDERS
Week 3: Matthew 9:27-30
Life Group Questions
- Do you think Jesus would be amazed by the amount of faith you have? Why or why not?
- What had these blind men in Matthew 9 just witnessed Jesus do?
- In the Christian faith, believing leads to seeing. Belief comes first. Where do we see that in this passage? (Matthew 9:27-31)
- How can that translate to your life and faith? (Hebrews 11)
- Pastor Luke said that what we pray about reveals what we believe to be true of God. As you look at your prayer life, what bold prayers are you praying right now?
- Read Colossians 4:2. What does this verse say is important as we pray? How can you be expectant in the waiting?
- A faith that is tested is a faith that can be trusted. Share your favorite Biblical example of this.
- Is there an area of your life that Jesus is calling you to walk by faith in?
- Where is the Holy Spirit calling you to action that you don’t fully understand?
Sermon Notes and Scripture
27 As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!” 28 When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” “Yes, Lord,” they replied. 29 Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith let it be done to you”; 30 and their sight was restored. Jesus warned them sternly, “See that no one knows about this.” – Matthew 9:27-30
FAITH THAT PLEASES GOD
1) A FAITH THAT BELIEVES WHAT IT CAN’T SEE. (Heb. 11:1; Matt. 9:28)
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. – Hebrews 11:1
28 When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” “Yes, Lord,” they replied. – Matthew 9:28
2) A FAITH THAT ENDURES DESPITE THE OUTCOME.
Calling out, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!” 28 When he had gone indoors… – Matthew 9:27b-28a
2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. – Colossians 4:2
3) A FAITH THAT LEADS TO ACTION WHEN WE DON’T UNDERSTAND.
22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. – James 2:22