Week 6: Romans 12:3-8
Life Group Questions
- How would you define what “gift projection” is?
- Where have you seen “gift projection” play out?
- Have you ever projected your gift on others? What was the outcome?
- What did Pastor Luke say our giftedness should start with? How do they go hand in hand?
- How has your spiritual gift made you uniquely different from others? How are you using your gift to build up the body of Christ?
- What are some of the gifts and callings in your life that you would be most likely to pass onto others?
Sermon Notes and Scripture
- GIFTEDNESS ALWAYS STARTS WITH HUMILITY.
3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. – Romans 12:3
- OUR GIFTS DON’T MAKE US BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE, JUST UNIQUELY DIFFERENT.
4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; 7 if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; 8 if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully. – Romans 12:4-8
- OUR GIFTS ARE TO BE USED FOR THE KINGDOM, NOT FOR BEATING OTHERS DOWN THROUGH DRIVE-BY GUILTINGS.