Week 2: Ephesians 4:11-16
Life Group Questions
- How are you using your gifts to go, tell and show the love of God in our city and around the world?
- Read Ephesians 4: 11-12. Has there been a leader in the church that has encouraged you to step into ministry?
- Do you know what your spiritual gift is? If you don’t, what would you guess it is?
- How are you using your spiritual gift for the benefit and protection of the church?
- If you are a leader in the church right now, who can you be encouraging to step into ministry?
- What is the purpose of our gifts? (vs. 12)
- If you are serving in the church, how has your service caused you to step out in faith and trust God more?
Sermon Notes and Scripture
11 Now these are the gifts Christ gave to the church: the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, and the pastors and teachers. – Ephesians 4:11
12 Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. 13 This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ. – Ephesians 4:12-13
14 Then we will no longer be immature like children. We won’t be tossed and blown about by every wind of new teaching. We will not be influenced when people try to trick us with lies so clever they sound like the truth. 15 Instead, we will speak the truth in love, growing in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the church. 16 He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love. – Ephesians 4:14-16
- WHAT ARE SPIRITUAL GIFTS AND HOW DO I KNOW WHAT MINE ARE?
Spiritual gifts are an experience or an ability God has given to you that He uses to build up others.
7But grace was given to each one of us… 12“for the building up of the body of Christ” – Ephesians 4:7, 12
13 until we all attain to… the knowledge of the Son of God – Ephesians 4:13
16 …when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love It’s how Christ ministers to His people, it’s how we experience His power. – Ephesians 4:16
- WHY IS IT SO CRUCIAL THAT I KNOW WHAT MINE IS?
It’s the same way spiritually. There’s nobody like you. You have gifts, vision, experiences, that drive you that are completely unique that God has given to you!
- WHY SHOULD I BE INVOLVED IN THE CHURCH?
Because the power of God flows through the church