BEATITUDES – Week 6: Growing More Holy
Matthew 5:8; Psalm 24:1-6
Life Group Questions:
- Think back to the beatitudes we have covered in this series. What have you learned so far?
- What things, if you’re being honest, keep you from a single mindedness on Christ?
- Do you ever see yourself placing more emphasis on the outward part of your faith, rather than on your heart?
- Where in your life do you need to acknowledge the sovereignty of God?
- Where does purity of heart originate? (See point #2)
- Read Psalm 24:5. What will be the reward of people that live this way?
- Have you seen someone in your life relentlessly seek the Lord? What did that look like? (Genesis 32:30)
- How does the fact that everything belongs to God encourage us toward purity of heart?
- What are some things or people in my life that have distracted me from living with a pureness of heart?
Sermon Notes and Scripture:
8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. – Matthew 5:8
BEING PURE IN HEART CLEANSES THE EYES OF OUR SOUL SO THAT GOD BECOMES MORE VISIBLE IN OUR LIVES.
THE PURE IN HEART ACKNOWLEDGE THAT GOD IS OVER ALL THINGS.
1 The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; 2 for he founded it on the seas and established it on the waters. 3 Who may ascend the mountain of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place? – Psalm 24:1-3
PURITY OF HEART STEMS FROM THE FINISHED WORK OF CHRIST.
4 The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol
or swear by a false god. – Psalm 24:4
5 They will receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God their Savior. – Psalm 24:5
THE PURE IN HEART RELENTLESSLY SEEK THE LORD.
6 Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, God of Jacob. – Psalm 24:6
30 So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.” – Genesis 32:30