Week 2: Luke 19:1-9
Life Group Questions
- Whose name did you write on your card from last week? How are you going to intentionally reach out to them for the cause of Christ?
- Have you ever fest pressured to share Christ with someone and use a certain technique?
- Read Luke 19:1-9. How do we see Jesus connecting too and sharing with those around Him? What can we apply from our lives to this passage?
- With your Me to We person, would you say they feel like they belong? Or do they think they need to change before they can belong?
- Share with your group the different type of evangelism strategies we as Christians use and what some of the pitfalls are to them?
- How can you live a life of high distinction and high connection in order to serve and minister to others better?
- Do the people who are far from God want to be with you? Why or why not?
Sermon Notes and Scripture
Luke 19:1-9 (NIV)
1 Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. 2 A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. 3 He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd. 4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.
5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” 6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.
7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”
8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”
9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.