Week 6: Revelation 19:6-9
Life Group Questions
- Share the most memorable moment you have experienced at a wedding.
- What did pastor Luke say is our job as the church, taken from Revelation 19:7?
- How would you think and act differently if you thought of this time on earth as a time to prepare yourself as the Bride of Christ? (Share practical ways)
- What does the clothing we are to put on look like? (Colossians 3:12-14)
- Are we (as individuals & as a life group) allowing love to be our defining characteristic? How so?
- How can our group pray for you this week?
Sermon Notes and Scripture
Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: “Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns.”– Revelation 19:6
After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. – Revelation 7:9
Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. – Revelation 19:7
Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.” (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.) – Revelation 19:8
“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.” – Colossians 3:12-14
- WE FORGIVE OTHERS LIKE JESUS FORGIVES US.
- WE ALLOW LOVE TO BE OUR DEFINING CHARACTERISTIC.
- WE LET PEACE NOT FEAR RULE IN OUR HEARTS.
- WE ARE THANKFUL.
- WE LIVE ACCORDING TO THE WORD OF GOD.
- WE KNOW THAT JESUS IS OUR REPRESENTATIVE AS WE REPRESENT JESUS.
Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.” – Revelation 19:9
- Have I accepted the invitation to the Lord’s table?
- Am I allowing love to be my defining characteristic?