Week 2: Galatians 1:11-2:2
Life Group Questions
- As you share your testimony with others, how would you describe that your personal testimony begins with the story of Jesus? Practice sharing this with your life group.
- Paul references his own history. Take a look at what he is sharing about. (Acts 9) How does his testimony prove the power of God to change a life?
- How does Paul sharing his testimony provide credibility to what he is preaching?
- How have you seen your testimony provide credibility for others as you share?
- Pastor Luke said, “Your story is not about you. It’s about what Jesus has done.” Who in your life needs to hear your testimony?
- Read Galatians 1:21-24. How do these verses encourage you that no one is too far gone for God to reach them?
- Is there anything in your life that God is trying to prune in you? How can our group pray for you about this?
Sermon Notes and Scripture
YOUR STORY BEGINS AND ENDS WITH JESUS
11 I want you to know, brothers and sisters that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ. 13 For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. 14 I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. – Galatians 1:11-14
YOUR STORY IN JESUS NEEDS TO BE SHARED WITH OTHERS.
15 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. 17 I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus. 18 Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas and stayed with him fifteen days. 19 I saw none of the other apostles—only James, the Lord’s brother. 20 I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie. 21 Then I went to Syria and Cilicia. 22 I was personally unknown to the churches of Judea that are in Christ. 23 They only heard the report: “The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.” 24 And they praised God because of me. – Galatians 1:15-24
YOUR STORY IS A PROCESS.
Then after fourteen years, I went up again to Jerusalem, this time with Barnabas. I took Titus along also. 2 I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain. – Galatians 2:1-2