But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.”
Inspired by God’s words to the exiles in Babylon through the prophet Jeremiah, First Free Rockford’s Elders have established a fund that focuses on engaging our congregation to seek the welfare of the city of Rockford.
The Jeremiah Fund will initially be funded with $70,000 from the Elder Board. These funds are available because of the generosity of the First Free Rockford congregation.
Grants will be distributed through First Free Rockford members to local non-profit organizations they actively serve. Grants will be awarded for $750 to these organizations if certain criteria are met.
Jeremiah Fund Criteria
- Applicant must be a First Free Rockford member who is actively serving* as a volunteer in the focus organization.
- The First Free Rockford member must fully complete an online application that includes a description of the organization and how the member has been personally involved.
- The organization must be a local, registered 501(c)3 non-profit that is morally positive and spiritually neutral or Christian faith-based that seeks the flourishing of the Rockford area.
- The organization must not be political in nature.
- The First Free Rockford member must be willing to personally deliver the grant funds.
* “Actively serving” is defined as the member having given at least 20 hours of his or her time to this organization at the time of application. An individual may make two applications per fiscal year (September-August).