JESUS + nothing
Week 5: Luke 24:1-8 & Colossians 3:1-4
Life Group Questions:
- How are you looking for the living among the dead?
- In your own words, why would you say that your life with Christ is better than that of the world?
- How would you explain that to your neighbor who doesn’t know God?
- What implications does the resurrection of Christ have in your life? (i.e. how you work, raise your kids, serve at church)
- Who would you like to share the gospel with this week? Take time as a group to pray for these opportunities.
On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. 2 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. 5 In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6 He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” 8 Then they remembered his words.
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.