THRIVING IN BABYLON – Week 5
Life Group Questions:
- Is there a time in your life that you wish you would have waited and made the “wise” decision rather that what felt right at the time?
- Read Proverbs 9:10-12. Wisdom comes from knowing God. What steps are you currently taking to know God better?
- Read Proverbs 4:18-19. Have you ever thought of righteousness in terms of light and darkness? How does that image so perfectly illustrate it?
- What areas of your life do you need to submit to the Lord?
- Where in your life do you need to ask the “big question?” What’s the wise decision?
- How can we as a group be praying for you this coming week?
Sermon Notes and Scripture:
THE BIG QUESTION: What’s the wise decision?
3 WAYS TO THRIVE THROUGH WISDOM
1. TAKE GOD’S COMMANDS SERIOUSLY
10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. 11 For through wisdom your days will be many, and years will be added to your life. 12 If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you; if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer. – Proverbs 9:10-12
2. FOLLOW THE LIGHT WE HAVE. (Proverbs 4:18-19)
18 The path of the righteous is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. 19 But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness; they do not know what makes them stumble. – Proverbs 4:18-19
3. GOD’S PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE IS BETTER THAN YOURS.
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. 8 This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones. – Proverbs 3:5-8
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. – Matthew 6:33